Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day Two ...







Like that the eagle is facing towards the olive branches, not the arrows





Ho, Ho, Ho!

Let's Close Guantanamo!

It's Day Two of the Obama Administration, and the President signed Executive Orders to:
  • Close the prison at Guantanamo within one year.

  • Transfer control of trials for the imprisoned alleged terrorists from the Defense Department to the Justice Department (justice? Trials? There's a theme in there somewhere ...).

  • Close the CIA "black sites" around the world.

  • Discontinue interrogation techniques not contained within the Army Field Manual (read stop the enhanced interrogation that anti-terrorism experts have determine violate the Geneva Conventions).
OK. There are loopholes that need to be closed (here's an interesting article), and he needs to "come correct" on the wire-tapping issue.

Still, another good day. Another good stride. Cheers!

Now, get back to work!

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

My respect for Obama grows every day and my hope for our neighbours grows exponentially. Such a task master Fe.....!

Lori Skoog said...

Fe...I hope you keep posting the updates. Perhaps it will let the unbelievers know that this President is going to be a very positive change for our country.

Pat Bennett said...

Fe ... I like that you pointed out that the eagle is facing towards the olive branches. I'm so global, I often miss interesting, and sometimes important, details. And thank you for posting the updates, because oops, I need to get to work! Cheers!~Pat

Janie said...

Yes, Obama is moving in the right direction, definitely. It's nice to have the day's agenda posted all in one place.

CoyoteFe said...

Greetings Carolyn!

Must say his willingness to stand out there and sign his name to the things he said were the "right things" is impressive. I hope for four years of this.


Lorelei!

Hope I am not boring folks. The best way to meet an unbeliever is to meet an unbeliever ... with truth and results. Time will be the best witness!


Pat!

You crack me up! I had to quit reading email in the morning because I would be later(r) for work! As for me, I notice random things. Sometimes, I think I need to apply grater focus, but will just look at something else before I can institute such a change. Ha!


Hallooo, Janie!

You are kind. Love your blog! I am hoping he stays on a roll for a while!

San said...

Strides are being made. It's heartening, but as I said in response to your subsequent post: the workload is staggering.

CoyoteFe said...

Halloo, San!

Une day at a time. One week at a time. And, suddenly the sun is warm again. Best to keep plugging. Don't want to let the vision of the mountain become TOO formidable!